Graduate + Intern Opportunities
At Tonkin + Taylor (T+T), you’ll find much more than just a graduate job. You’ll find people: 1000 bright individuals who are committed to making a difference through positively impacting people and our environment. We’re passionate about what we do, we love a good challenge, we care about our planet and we’re fond of a good morning tea (or ten)!
T+T is a 100% New Zealand-owned specialist environmental and engineering consultancy. We shape the interface between people and the environment - earth, water and air - using science and engineering. Don’t just take our word for it! In March 2019, our clients voted T+T the ‘Best Engineering Consultancy in Australasia’ at the 2019 Beaton Client Choice Awards.
Ever wondered what a GIS or geo-spatial specialist does?
Putting in the Hard Yards with Jordy Hardacre
Learning never stops!
T+T is home to an array of award-winning engineers and scientists and you’ll have the opportunity to not just work with the best of the best, but learn from them too. To support your learning our graduate programme includes:
• A wide range of training sessions focussed on developing your expertise, strengthening relationships and best positioning you for business success
• Buddy support: pairing you up with an established T+T professional to provide you with invaluable support and accelerate your development
• 3/90 framework for deciding which skills you are looking to sharpen, how fast you want to learn and where your skillset will take you
• Professional membership funding with support and encouragement to become chartered
Everyone at T+T, from graduates to seasoned professionals, are always looking to improve and grow. We are firm believers that learning never stops!
Check out the rest of our website, social media accounts, YouTube and LinkedIn to get a greater understanding about who we are and what we do.
We are looking for around 30 graduates and 25 interns with inquisitive minds from a range of degree backgrounds who are looking for an exceptional, open environment to help them succeed.
Check out the job description for each role you are interested in as it will give you more information on eligibility requirements and what the job may entail.
Graduate Applications open on the 1st of March 2022
Graduate Applications close on the 1st of April 2022
Summer Intern Applications will open in August 2021
At T+T we take a flexible approach to our recruitment process and we regularly interview and hire through skype / video. With everything going on with COVID-19, we’ll likely run interviews (with the option of skype) rather than assessment days to best enable this but we will remain as flexible as possible. Health and wellbeing absolutely comes first!
If you’re successful at the application stage, we will be giving you more information about the details of this day in our email communications.
Graduate Assessment Days/Interviews will be held in early May 2021.
Intern interviews will occur in September 2021.
During our selection process we will be updating you as much as we can. We consider each application individually so it may take some time to let you know the outcome. We know that it is hard, but we thank you in advance for your patience as we consider numerous factors for each role.
Once our decision has been made, offers will be given in the May/June period.
Our summer internship programme runs from mid-November through to mid-February. Our graduates tend to join in February although we are flexible and do our best to accommodate different start dates to suit our graduates.
When you turn up on your first day you will participate in our induction process where you will meet all the other graduates and get to know everything and anything about T+T.
On this day you will also meet your buddy. Your buddy will help to guide you through your first experiences and show you the ropes (such as where to get the best coffee)!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I have already graduated, can I still apply for a graduate role?
Yep definitely, especially if you have taken a gap year, are completing an overseas experience or pursuing further study. If you have more than a year of relevant work experience or currently on a graduate programme, we’d recommend keeping an eye out for experience hire opportunities instead.
2. At what stage in my degree do I need to be to apply for a summer internship?
Most of our interns will be in their penultimate year of study at the time of their internship but we do employ students who still have 2+ years of study to go before graduating too. If you are in your final year of study or have already graduated then check out our graduate vacancies instead.
3. I am an international student, am I eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply for our graduate and summer internship roles if you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand on a permanent basis. For more information please visit https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-zealand-visa
4. What are T+T looking for in graduates and interns?
We look for really well-rounded individuals (no, it isn’t just about grades!). This includes students with work experience, extra-curricular activities, achievements, sports or team experience, clubs, community or volunteering involvement, strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability.
5. What salary can I expect as a graduate?
We ensure that our base salaries are highly competitive with other consultancies. On top of your base salary, you’ll also receive:
- Paid overtime
- KiwiSaver (on top of base salary)
- Graduate transition allowance
- Relocation allowance
- $500 annual wellbeing allowance which you can spend on anything related to Wellbeing (think yoga classes, dentist bills, new golf clubs, a spa day….anything!)
- A whole range of other benefits including travel insurance, airline memberships, wellbeing programmes, monthly staff drinks and long service leave
- Personal career development – courses, mentors and guides
- A contribution towards and assistance with professional membership rewards
I can't find the answer to my question?
No problem – email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you.